Long time no see.. 😀
Do you like Greek??
Do you like Greek Mythology???
(tik… tok… tik… tok…)
I think, some of you Love it very much or so much or really much or anything you want to express… and maybe some of you don’t.
but, today I want to give you a list.. 😀
I took it from : http://www.gods-and-monsters.com
This is not Shopping list! Check it out… 😀
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – A
- Achelois – One of the moon goddesses.
- Achelous – The patron god of the Achelous river.
- Aeolus – (a.k.a. Aeolos, Aiolos, Aiolus, Eolus) God of air and the winds.
- Aether – (a.k.a. Aither, Akmon, Ether) God of light and the atmosphere.
- Alastor – God of family feuds.
- Alcyone – One of the seven daughters of Atlas and Pleione.
- Alectrona – Early Greek goddess of the sun.
- Amphitrite – (a.k.a. Salacia) The wife of Poseidon and a Nereid.
- Antheia – Goddess of gardens, flowers, swamps, and marshes.
- Aphaea – (a.k.a. Aphaia) A Greek goddess who was worshipped exclusively at a single sanctuary on the island of Aegina in the Saronic Gulf.
- Aphrodite – (a.k.a. Anadyomene, Turan, Venus) Goddess of love and beauty.
- Apollo – (a.k.a. Apollon, Apulu, Phoebus) God of the sun, music, healing, and herding.
- Ares – (a.k.a. Enyalius, Mars, Aries) God of chaotic war.
- Aristaeus – (a.k.a. Aristaios) Patron god of animal husbandry, bee-keeping, and fruit trees.
- Artemis – (a.k.a. Agrotora, Amarynthia, Cynthia, Kourotrophos, Locheia, Orthia, Phoebe, Potnia Theron) Goddess of the moon, hunting, and nursing.
- Asclepius – (a.k.a. Aesculapius, Asklepios) God of health and medicine.
- Astraea – The Star Maiden – a goddess of justice, included in Virgo and Libra mythologies.
- Até – Goddess of mischief.
- Athena – (a.k.a. Asana, Athene, Minerva, Menerva) Goddess of wisdom, poetry, art, and the strategic side of war.
- Atlas – The Primordial Titan who carried the world on his back.
- Atropos – (a.k.a. Aisa, Morta) One of The Fates – She cut the thread of life and chose the manner of a persons death.
- Attis – The (minor) god of rebirth.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – B
- Bia – The goddess of force.
- Boreas – (a.k.a. Aquilo, Aquilon) The North Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Brizo – Protector of Mariners.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – C
- Caerus – (a.k.a. Kairos, Occasio, Tempus) The (minor) god of luck and opportunity.
- Calliope – One of the Muses. Represented epic poetry.
- Calypso – (a.k.a. Kalypso) The sea nymph who held Odysseus prisoner for seven years.
- Castor – (a.k.a. Castore, Kastor) One of the twins who represent Gemini.
- Celaeno – The name of a wife of Poseidon.
- Cerus – The wild bull tamed by Persephone, made into the Taurus constellation.
- Ceto – (a.k.a. Keto) a sea monster goddess who was also the mother of other sea monsters.
- Chaos – (a.k.a. Khaos) The nothingness that all else sprung from.
- Charon – (a.k.a. Charun) The Ferryman of Hades. He had to be paid to help one cross the river Styx.
- Chronos – (a.k.a. Chronus, Khronos) God of time.
- Circe – (a.k.a. Kirke) A goddess who transformed her enemies into beasts.
- Clio – One of the Muses. She represented History.
- Clotho – (a.k.a. Nona) One of the Fates – Spun the thread of life from her distaff onto her spindle.
- Crios – The crab who protected the sea nymphs, made into the Cancer constellation.
- Cronus – (a.k.a. Cronos, Kronos, Saturn) God of agriculture, father of the Titans.
- Cybele – (a.k.a. Agdistis, Magna Mater, Meter, Meter Oreie) Goddess of caverns, mountains, nature and wild animals.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – D
- Demeter – (a.k.a. Ceres, Demetra, Tvath) Goddess of the harvest.
- Dinlas – Guardian of the ancient city of Lamark, where wounded heroes could heal after battle.
- Dionysus – (a.k.a. Bacchus, Dionysos, Liber) God of wine and pleasure.
- Doris – A Sea Nymph, mother of the Nereids.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – E
- Eileithyia – (a.k.a. Eileithyiai, Eilithia, Eilythia, Eleuthia, Ilithia, Ilithyia, Lucina) Goddess of childbirth.
- Eireisone – The deity who embodied the sacred ceremonial olive branch.
- Electra – (a.k.a. Atlantis) One of the seven Pleiades.
- Elpis – (a.k.a. Spes) The spirit of Hope.
- Enyo – (a.k.a. Bellona) A (minor) goddess of war, connected to Eris.
- Eos – (a.k.a. Aurora, Eosphorus, Mater Matuta, Thesan) Goddess of the Dawn.
- Erato – One of the Muses – represents Lyrics/Love Poetry.
- Erebus – (a.k.a. Erebos) God of darkness.
- Eris – (a.k.a. Discordia) Goddess of strife, connected to Enyo.
- Eros – (a.k.a. Amor, Cupid, Eleutherios) God of love, procreation and sexual desire.
- Eurus – (a.k.a. Euros, Vulturnus) The East Wind – One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Euterpe – One of the Muses – represents Music/Lyrics/Poetry.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – G
- Gaia – (a.k.a. Celu, Gaea, Terra) Goddess of the Earth, also known as Mother Earth.
- Glaucus – (a.k.a. Glacus, Glaukos) A fisherman turned immortal, turned Argonaut, turned a god of the sea.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – H
- Hades – (a.k.a. Aita, Dis Pater, Haidou, Orcus, Plouton, Pluto) God of the Dead, King of the Underworld.
- Harmonia – (a.k.a. Concordia) Goddess of Harmony and Concord.
- Hebe – (a.k.a. Juventas) Goddess of youth.
- Hecate – (a.k.a. Hekat, Hekate, Trivia) Goddess of magic, witchcraft, ghosts, and the undead.
- Helios – (a.k.a. Sol) God of the Sun.
- Hemera – (a.k.a. Amar, Dies, Hemere) Goddess of daylight.
- Hephaestus – (a.k.a. Hephaistos, Vulcan, Sethlans, Mulciber) God of fire and blacksmithing who created weapons for the gods.
- Hera – (a.k.a. Juno, Uni) Goddess of goddesses, women, and marriage and wife of Zeus.
- Heracles – (a.k.a. Herakles, Hercules, Hercle) An immortal hero of many Greek legends, the strongest man on Earth.
- Hermes – (a.k.a. Pyschopompus, Mercury, Turms) God of commerce and travel, and messenger of the gods.
- Hesperus – (a.k.a. Hesperos, Vesper) The Evening Star.
- Hestia – (a.k.a. Vesta) Greek goddess of the home and fertility. One of the Hesperides.
- Hygea – (a.k.a. Hygieia, Salus) Goddess of cleanliness and hygeine.
- Hymenaios – (a.k.a. Hymenaeus, Hymen) God of weddings.
- Hypnos – (a.k.a. Somnus) God of sleep.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – I-L
- Iris – Goddess of rainbows.
- Khione – The goddess of snow and daughter of the North Wind (Boreas).
- Kotys – (a.k.a. Cotys, Cottyto, Cottytus) A Dionysian goddess whose celebrations were wild and liscivious.
- Kratos – A god of strength and power.
- Lacheses – (a.k.a. Decima) One of the Fates. Measured the thread of life with her rod.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – M
- Maia – (a.k.a. Mya, Fauna, Maia Maiestas, Bono Dea) One of the seven Pleiades, Goddess of fields.
- Mania – (a.k.a. Mania, Manea) Goddess of insanity and the dead.
- Melpomene – One of the Muses – represented Tragedy.
- Merope – One of the seven Pleiades, married to king Sisyphos.
- Metis – Titan goddess of wisdom.
- Momus – (a.k.a. Momos) God of satire, writers, and poets.
- Morpheus – God of dreams and sleep.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – N-O
- Nemesis – (a.k.a. Rhamnousia, Invidia) Goddess of retribution (vengeance).
- Nereus – (a.k.a. Phorcys, Phorkys) Titan God who Fathered the Nereids. God of the Sea before Poseidon.
- Nike – (a.k.a. Victoria, Nice) Goddess of victory.
- Notus – (a.k.a. Auster) The South Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Nyx – (a.k.a. Nox) Goddess of night.
- Oceanus – Titan god of the ocean.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – P
- Pallas – A giant who was one of the ancient Titan gods of war.
- Pan – (a.k.a. Faunus, Inuus) God of woods, fields, and flocks. Also a Satyr.
- Peitha – (a.k.a. Peitho, Suadela) Goddess of persuasion.
- Persephone – (a.k.a. Persephassa, Persipina, Persipnei, Persephatta, Proserpina, Kore, Kora, Libera) Goddess of the Spring who lives off-season in the Underworld.
- Pheme – (a.k.a. Fama) Goddess of fame and gossip.
- Phosphorus – (a.k.a. Phosphor, Lucifer) The Morning Star.
- Plutus – God of wealth.
- Pollux – (a.k.a. Polydeuces) One of the twins who represent Gemini.
- Polyhymnia – One of the Muses – represents sacred poetry and geometry.
- Pontus – (a.k.a. Pontos) Ancient god of the deep sea.
- Poseidon – (a.k.a. Neptune, Nethuns, Neptunus) God of the sea and earthquakes.
- Priapus – (a.k.a. Priapus, Mutinus, Mutunus) A (minor) god of gardens and fertility, best known for having an enormous penis.
- Pricus – The immortal father of sea-goats, made into the Capricorn constellation.
- Proteus – An early sea god before Poseidon.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – R-S
- Rhea – (a.k.a. Cybele) Goddess of nature.
- Selene – (a.k.a. Luna) Goddess of the Moon and the ‘mother’ of vampires.
- Sterope – (a.k.a. Asterope) One of the seven Pleiades, who bore a child of Ares.
- Styx – A Naiad who was the first to aid Zeus in the Titan war. (Not to be confused with the river Styx).
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – T
- Tartarus – (a.k.a. Tartaros, Tartarizo) God of the depths of the Underworld – a great storm pit – and the father of Typhon.
- Taygete – (a.k.a. Taygeti, Taigeti) One of the seven Pleiades, a mountain nymph.
- Terpsichore – One of the Muses – represented Dancing.
- Thalia – One of the Muses – represented Comedy.
- Thanatos – (a.k.a. Mors) God of death.
- Themis – Ancient goddess of divine order, law, and custom.
- Thetis – Leader of the Nereids, a shapeshifter, and a prophet.
- Triton – (a.k.a. Triton) Trumpeter of the sea and messenger of the deep.
- Tyche – (a.k.a. Fortuna, Nortia) Goddess of fortune and prosperity.
- Typhon – (a.k.a. Typhaon, Typhoeus, Typhus) God of monsters, storms, and volcanoes. Challenged Zeus for control of Mount Olympus.
List of Greek Gods and Goddesses – U-Z
- Urania – One of the Muses – represented Astronomy and Astrology.
- Uranus – (a.k.a. Ouranos, Caelus) God of the sky and the heavens. Father of the Titans.
- Zelus – The god of zeal, rivalry, and jealousy.
- Zephyrus – (a.k.a. Zephyros, Favonius, Zephyr) The West Wind. One of the Anemoi (wind gods).
- Zeus – (a.k.a. Dias, Jupiter, Tinia, Jove, Jovis Pater) Leader of the Olympic gods, and god of lightning, thunder, and the heavens.